New Employee Assistance Program offered through Deer Oaks EAP effective September 1, 2017
Texas A&M System Benefits Administration has entered into an agreement with Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services to extend services to all A&M System members effective September 1, 2017.
- Deer Oaks EAP services are available at no cost to benefit-eligible faculty and staff employees as well as their dependents/household members.
- Services cover five, confidential short-term mental health counseling visits per issue.
- For information or a referral to a provider located nearest you, call the toll-free Helpline at 1-888-993-7650 (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Online tools are available at: deeroakseap.com
- To log in on website, find user name/password by agency
AGENCY NAME User Name & Password AgriLife Extension Service tamuaes AgriLife Research tamuar Forest Service tamuf TVMDL tamuvmdl
Experienced clinicians at convenient locations
Deer Oaks uses a network of local mental health providers to deliver in-person or online assessment and counseling services. They have considerable expertise and clinical knowledge to identify problem areas and work toward resolutions. The EAP can assist with many different types of problems, including:
- stress, depression and anxiety
- workplace difficulties
- marital problems, as well as family or parenting conflicts
- illness and grief issues
- substance abuse and unhealthy lifestyles
Tools and Referrals
In addition to traditional counseling services, Deer Oaks offers clients a wider scope of and referrals for:
- Childcare and eldercare resources with referrals
- Assistance with financial and legal issues
- Interactive online simple wills
- Identity monitoring and recovery
- Retiree assistance
- Organizational training, skills development, and online webinars
- Reimbursed taxi ride, if you are incapacitated due to impairment by a substance or extreme emotional condition (reimbursement available once per year) call 1-888-993-7650
- Work/Life Servicessuch as pet sitters, event planners, home repair, tutoring and moving services
- Contact information: 1-888-993-7650 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deer Oaks Fact Sheet
- Work-Life Services
- August 2018 Newsletter
- Monthly Employee Poster / Spanish
- Online Seminar
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) of Brazos Valley: 979-822-9094
- Brazos Valley Council on Alcohol and Substance Abuse (BVCASA): 979-823-5300
- Mental Health Mental Retardation Crisis Line: 979-361-9815
- Scott & White Alcohol/Drug Treatment Program: 979-691-3338
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs, Department of Student Life: 979-845-0280
- National Alcohol and Drug Abuse Help Line: 1-800-821-4357
- Alcohol Abuse 24 Hour Hotline: 1-800-950-7226
- For those employees located away from the Bryan/College Station area, the local mental health-mental retardation (MHMR) center can be contacted for information on the resources available in the community. Local hospitals should be contacted for emergency care. Many communities will have therapists, counselors, treatment centers, and support groups available.
Contact your supervisor for help in identifying an appropriate service.