The Fleet Management Office oversees the vehicle fleet for Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Texas A&M AgriLife Research. Provides assistance to units to ensure correct procedures are followed related to fleet management.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reporting Guide
- AgriLife Research State Fuel Card Reconciliation Guide
- Vehicle Operational Guide
Can AgriLife Extension and AgriLife Research get a different state gas card?
The State of Texas selects the gas card vendor through a procurement process for all state agencies. As state agencies, these cards are issued. Most often, the state terms and conditions of these cards limit non-fuel items from being purchased and have daily dollar limits established. For assistance with card limits and access, please call the Fleet Management Office.
Can the functionality of TxFS be changed?
Fleet Focus is a maintained software system required for all state agencies managed through the State Comptroller’s Office. AgriLife Extension and AgriLife Research work within the boundaries of the state system for reporting.
How is maintenance on a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Fleet vehicle paid for?
Major repairs on fleet vehicles that are estimated to cost $1,000 or more should be pre-approved by the Fleet Manager before the work is authorized. Two or more written estimates from reputable repair shops are preferred. The request and estimates should be emailed/faxed to the Fleet Manager for approval.
For expenditures, less than $1,000 and approved expenditures from $1,000-$10,000, a Limited Purchase Order (L-doc) will need to be created using the following information:
- Dept Code: FLEET
- Account: 119400-2×000 (where x=fiscal year of the purchase/repair)
- Complete the Limited document and submit to routing. The document will be electronically signed by the Fleet Manager. Department/Unit will be responsible for completing the invoice header, receiving information and submitting to Disbursements for processing.
Departments/Units have been granted inquiry access to the FLEET department; therefore it is possible to track these payments as vendors inquire on them.
Are we required to submit Extension vehicle monthly reports using Laserfiche?
Not required at this time. After the Fleet Management Office has completed monthly audit and data entry of transactions, the mileage reports are filed in Laserfiche.
Why does it take so long for Extension vehicle mileage charges to post to our account?
At the end of the month, vehicle custodians have ten days to submit monthly reports to the Fleet Management Office. Monthly reports are then reconciled and entered into the fleet management system. For example, October mileage received in the Fleet Office in November would be entered in December accounting transactions.
How can I get TxFS training?
At this time, contact the Fleet Management Office for coordination of training.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- 21.01.08.X0.01 Vehicle Titles, License Plates, Registration, and Conversions
- 21.01.08.X0.02 Vehicle Inscriptions
- 21.01.08.X0.03 Vehicle Use Reports: Automobiles/Trucks
- 21.01.08.X0.04 Vehicle Compulsory Inspection
- 24.01.01.X0.02 Motor Vehicle Accident Reports
- 24.01.01.X0.03 Driver Requirements for the Use of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Vehicles
- 34.05.99.X1 Smoking in Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Facilities and Vehicles
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts: Office of Vehicle Fleet Management
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles: Title Your Vehicle
- Texas Government Code 2203.001 Vehicle Reporting
- Texas A&M University Transportation Services
- Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook
- Texas DPS – Classes of Driver Licenses
- Texas Transportation Code – Section 721.002. Inscription Required on State-Owned Motor Vehicles
- Texas Government Code – Section 2171.105. Management Plan: Institutions of Higher Education
- Texas Tag – paying tolls made simple.
- Texas Trailer Laws
- Records Retention Schedule (Section 5.6, pages 73-74)
- Moving to Texas: Identification Cards
- Use of Non Contract Vendors – Rental Cars
- Vehicle Security and Safety