A selection of employee development opportunities, offered through a varied delivery process is available to you. Check out the resources listed below or give us a call if we can assist you in any way toward your own development and training.
Have you activated your LinkedIn Learning account? If not, click here to get started. Follow the directions on the webpage to sign up and access more than 16,000 digital courses and videos covering a wide range of technical, business, software and creative topics.
Here are two great courses to check out once you have activated your account:
WEB ID: TAMUS
Phone 1-866-301-9623 (Active Employees)
AgriLife HR’s EAP webpage at https://agrilifeas.tamu.edu/hr/about-us/eap/
First time users may wish to take the short site tour available on the home page.
Check out the resources for Wellness, Work & Education, Financial and Discounts & Offers or, view one of these resource packages
- 5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Mood (Article)
- Creating a Self-Care Plan (Slide Show)
- Understanding Your Employee Assistance Program (Article)
- Making Connections in Work and Life [Tuesday, September 7, 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.] Registration Link
- Ethics and Compliance [Wednesday, September 22, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.] Registration Link
- Laserfiche [Wednesday, October 6, 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.] Registration Link
- Managing Staff Through Stressful Situations [Monday, October 11, 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.] Registration Link
- Contracts/SRS [Monday, October 18, 2021, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.] Registration Link
- Autonomy: Strengthening Your Ability to Work Independently [Wednesday, November 3, 8:30 – 9:15 a.m.] Registration Link
- Best Practices in Banking & Receivables [Tuesday, November 9, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.] Registration Link
Recordings or Handouts Links
- Aggie Buy and HUB [Tuesday, July 20] see document
- Civility in the Workplace [Thursday, August 12] Recording
- Addressing Employee Performance Issues in a Supportive Way [Tuesday, April 27] Recording
- Budget Process, FAMIS, Workday & FAMIS [Monday, May 10] see document
- Giving Effective Feedback in Personal or Work Situations [Wednesday, May 12] Recording
- Workday – Hiring Process [Wednesday, May 19] see document
- Being Adaptive in Order to Thrive in Our Everchanging World [Monday, June 7] Recording
- Health & Wellness: An Overview of MyEvive [Wednesday, June 16] see document
- 10 ways to Have a better conversation by Celeste Headlee 11.2m
- Using Apology to De-escalate a Conflict by Guy Harris (Article)
Training prepares employees to do their present job/responsibilities while, development prepares them for future jobs/responsibilities. It is widely accepted that new employees must be trained in the duties they are expected to perform. When it comes to learning new skills, even experienced employees may need training to improve their performance. Employee development, however, is future-oriented and, therefore, mostly an education vs. training process.