- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Information on Self-Identification of Disability
- All applicants and current employees are invited to self-identify if they consider themselves as having a disability. Current employees may update this information on the “My Personal Data” tab in HRConnect at https://sso.tamus.edu. Disclosure of a disability is strictly voluntary and is for AgriLife Human Resources use only. It is held confidential and is not available to supervisors or hiring managers. Disclosure of a disability will not affect assignment, promotion, transfer or other personnel actions.
- This link from the Department of Labor provides Frequently Asked Questions about this disclosure: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/faqs/503_faq.htm
- This link is to a Department of Labor video which helps us better understand persons with disabilities in the workplace: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/SelfIdVideo.html
- Texas A&M University – Department of Disability Resources
- Disability Services offers accommodations counseling, evaluation referral, disability-related information, adaptive technology services, sign language interpreting and transcription services for academically related purposes.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Employers’ Practical Guide to Reasonable Accommodation Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sample Resources for Disability Issues
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Facilitates the employment and retention of workers with disabilities by providing employers, employment providers, people with disabilities, their family members, and others with information on job accommodations, self-employment, and small-business opportunities and related-subjects.
- Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR)
- “The Campaign for Disability Employment”
- AgriLife Human Resources supports the Campaign for Disability Employment which is a national public education effort to promote positive employment outcomes for people with disabilities. Information for both employees and employers including recruiting, interviewing and hiring tips can be found on their Web site.