Updated November 17, 2021
On September. 9, 2021, President Biden signed Executive Order 14042, “Ensuring Adequate COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors,” requiring federal contractors to comply with guidance issued from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (“Guidance”) on September 24, 2021.
The Guidance requires that federal contracts or contract amendments entered on or after October 15, 2021, include a clause requiring federal contractors to follow the COVID-19 vaccination mandate and related masking protocols. These “covered contracts” include requiring documentation that employees are fully vaccinated or have a medical or religious exemption on file by January 4, 2022.
Vice Chancellor Communication
November 11, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: Presidential Executive Order on COVID Safety
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, any full-time or part time Texas A&M AgriLife employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract, or working at a covered contractor workplace, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious exemption is in place.
- Employees subject to this mandate must provide documentation of COVID-19 vaccination, or
- Alternatively, employees may submit a request for a medical accommodation or religious exemption by completing the appropriate exemption request forms linked below.
NOTE: Until otherwise directed, vaccine documentation and requests for exemptions will be processed through the REDCap portal using the unique survey link sent directly to the affected employee.
Accommodation/Exemption Request Forms
- ADA Process for Medical Accommodations related to the Vaccine Requirement or Masking Requirement
Employees requesting a medical accommodation should complete and submit the following two forms via the employee’s unique link to the REDCap portal.
- ADA and Other Request for Accommodation Form – to completed by requestor
- Request for a Medical Exception to the Federal COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement to be completed by medical provider of the requestor
- Vaccination Requirement Religious Accommodation Request Form
Must be completed by the employee to request a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement and submitted via the employee’s unique link to the REDCap portal.