Texas A&M AgriLife offers departments/units an innovative program that simplifies the way in which goods/services are ordered and paid. The Payment Card Program is a fast, flexible purchasing method for processing delegated orders with suppliers who accept credit cards. The purpose of the Payment Card Program is to establish an efficient, cost-efficient, cost-effective method of purchasing and payment for delegated dollar transactions. This program has the potential to significantly reduce the FAMIS voucher process of small orders, checks, and prompt payment interest.
- Payment Card Program Guide (revised: April 15, 2014)
- Guidelines for the Disbursement of Funds (Revised: June 27, 2016)
- GCMS Guide (Revised: September 16, 2011)
Applying for a Payment Card | After the Payment Card is Received
Global Card Mgmt. System (GCMS) | Laserfiche Information
Cardholder Resources | Department/Unit Business Office Responsibilities
Listserv | Goals and Performance Measures
- Online training must be completed prior to applying for a payment card. The training session and test will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. After completion of the training, print confirmation email, complete the Payment Card Application and submit both to the department/unit business office and department/unit head for approval.
- After the application has been approved by the department/unit account administrator, forward a copy of the confirmation email and the completed and approved cardholder application to:Disbursements – Payment Card
Attn: Li Su
College Station, TX 77843-2147
- Disbursements will process the application and submit to Citibank. Citibank will generally ship the card within 7-10 business days. The card will be mailed directly to Disbursements. Disbursements will mail the card to the department/unit business office for distribution to the cardholder.
- Cardholder Checklist
- Activate the Payment Card
- Call Citibank customer service on the back of your card (800-248-4553)
- Citibank will require a 4-digit PIN which is the last 4-digits of your SSN or UIN
- Read and understand the Payment Card Program Guide. All uses of the Payment Card must be within the rules stated in this guide.
- Cardholder Responsibilities Prior to and After Purchase
- Protect the card and card number at all times to prevent unauthorized use.
- Immediately notify Citibank at 800-248-4553 and the program coordinator at 979-845-2534 if the card is lost or stolen.
- Dispute fraudulent transactions within 60 days of the statement date in which the transaction appears.
GCMS is a web-based application that allows our agencies to review and reallocate transactions that have been made using a payment card. There is a separate login ID for each agency. After the statement closes each month, departments/units reallocate the transactions made using the payment card to valid FAMIS accounts, support accounts, and object class codes. The reallocation period will end on the 20th of each month unless the 20th falls on a holiday or weekend. After the reallocation period, the information in GCMS is closed from further reallocation, and the information is provided to FAMIS to charge the various accounts that the transactions have been reallocated to. Once transactions have been posted into FAMIS, departments/units may not submit correction requests to move transactions between FAMIS accounts
- Local/SRS funds – Instructions for submitting payment card transactions
- State/Federal funds – Instructions for submitting payment card transactions
- Prohibited Vendor Lists
- Vendors on State Hold: FAMIS Screens 171/172
- State of Texas Debarred Vendor List
- Items available from the Texas Industries for the Blind and Handicapped
AgriLife Disbursements communicates to its customers via AgriLife eNews and a listserv. If you are an employee and work with any of the following, then subscribe to the corresponding listserv.
AgriLife eNews is used to send information regarding Texas A&M AgriLife Disbursements (Accounts Payable and/or Travel) related issues. This includes updated, reminders, policy and procedure changes.
Agprogram-pathwaynet listserv includes information related to the payment and central billed travel (CBT) card programs and GCMS. Reallocation deadline reminders will be sent out via this listserv.
- •To subscribe or unsubscribe to AgriLife eNews for business/travel contacts send an e-mail to Faren Franklin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To subscribe to the AGPROGRAM-PATHWAYNET Listserv:Send an email to email@example.com
Do not enter a subject
In the body of the message, type SUBSCRIBE AGPROGRAM-PATHWAYNET firstname lastname
Send the message
- To remove yourself from the listserv, follow the above directions except use the command “UNSUB” instead of “SUBSCRIBE”